Monday, February 20, 2012

Gluten Free Protein Cookie Experiment

What is wrong with me!? I am NOT usually a sweets person but the last week or two I have been craving sweets. I've luckily had a fair amount of self control besides having a little dark chocolate here and there... and maybe some coffee frozen yogurt on Valentines. I used to love making baked good out of thin air but since going gluten free last November.. let's just say there is a bit of a learning curve.

So maybe not so guilty cookies?

Protein cookie surprise - as I have no idea how this will turn out!



- 1/2 Cup Whey Protein powder (i have cake batter right now haha sounds so bad but it's not!)
- 1/2 Cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup cooked steel cut oats
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 TBS Vanilla
- 1 TBS agave
- 2 TBS non fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Chia "egg" - 1 TBS Chia seeds and 2 TBS water - combine and set aside

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. "Create" the chia egg by combining the seeds and water and set aside. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl - Chia egg last... I literally just threw everything together. I wish I had some Earth Balance or something as I know the texture of these are going to be weird with no fat. I baked first batch for 9 minutes and they were a SUPER weird texture... so I tried 11 minutes.. ya, they are just a weird texture. They don't taste have bad and fill you up FAST! It made about 25 cookies and with about 60 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, 1 gram of fiber and 4 grams of Protein PER cookie... you can't feel too bad about it! Be better dipped in your milk of choice.










No comments:

Post a Comment