Saturday, September 1, 2012

You want Pizza? Cauliflower Crust Pizza. You're Welcome (jk)

You want pizza? Well duh, don't we all love the Italian Originated Americanized creation?! I don't do gluten, you don't do empty carbs... well do I have good news or what!

My wonderful boyfriend Greg is somewhat of a picky eater.. but if this is Greg approved & he actually really enjoyed it, I think you'll love it too :)

Cauliflower Crust:

1-2 Heads of Cauliflower - depending how many 1 head = 2 9" individual pizzas
1-3 eggs - we used a head and a half and did 2 eggs
Basil
Rosemary
Park Skim Mozzarella shredded

Sauce: We used canned :( usually I make my own but it was getting too late! Just make sure you get sauce with no added sugars, not a lot of salt or random stuff you can't pronounce ;)

Topping:

-Really this is all you! Hawaiian? Margarita? (Basil, tomatoes, light cheese lots of sauce)
-He did: Bell peppers, basil
-I did: Mushrooms & basil (we were low on veggies but it was delicious)

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grate your cauliflower heads we used 1.5 as I wanted to some leftover cauliflower for the next day. Microwave for 8 minutes and let cool. Then I mixed in 2 full eggs, a bunch of fresh basil, rosemary and a small handful of the shredded mozzarella - Mix well together and (for the amount I made) I split it into 2 9" crusts onto a well greased pan. *Note: next time I will cornmeal the bottom! I totally forgot! - this is optional!* Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Take them out, set your oven to broil and spread your tomato sauce, cheese (again optional) and toppings. I did more basil on top, mushrooms, light cheese an extra sauce! They really only need 3-4 minutes and wa-la!

Let sit for a minute than consume!! So good!! Was great the next day heated up as well :)





No comments:

Post a Comment