Friday, September 21, 2012

Homemade Teriyaki Tuna Bellies, Grilled Veggies & BBQ Chicken

Tonight I wanted to change it up a bit... although I love making homemade sushi, and stir fry's I really need to diversify on my Asian Cuisine. So why not homemade teriyaki? The store bought stuff usually has corn syrup or MSG or wheat... or all three (no joke!). Not that is "healthy" but with the strong taste of teriyaki you really don't need much and especially with fish a little bit goes a long way.

Homemade Gluten Free Teriyaki:

In a small saucepan place:

1.5 cups cold water
3/4 Brown Sugar (sorry guys but you really just need to use good ol sugar for this)
1/2 Gluten Free Soy Sauce or I used Bragg's Amino's and filled the cup to just shy of 1/2 Cup
1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
2.5-3 TBs Coconut Flour
1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)

Place pot over medium heat and stir well, whisk it pretty continually (careful not to turn your back too long haha), you will see the color get darker and start to thicken up when that happens take it off the heat and set aside.

This really would be good with a variaty of fish! Salmon, ahi, other white fish? I let the teriyaki cool and then marinated the fish in it for about 30 minutes. Made a foil tray/pocket for the BBQ and it was cooking for about 15-20 minutes just keep an eye on it.. most fish turns a different color when it's cooked and that's what I used as my indicator that it was done. Yummmmmm! I ate it with grilled veggies and it was great... I think you could even use this recipe to make a good stir fry, marinate chicken breasts.. or? Be creative!


For the boys I just made them a bunch of chicken legs BBQ style.. nothing too special but they all loved them!


More recipes to come! Also, if you ever have a special request for something you would like to see please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment