Thursday, June 23, 2011

My "Last Supper" BBQ Steak With Portabella's & Onions, Jamaican Black Beans, and Steamed Broccoli


Twas the night before surgery and all through the house not a skillet was empty, not even the BBQ... haha. I don't eat red meat too often so I thought I'd make it worth it tonight.

The steaks were seasoned with good ol' Montreal Steak Seasoning, cayenne pepper and just a little Italian herbs - and BBQ'd them up outside.

Sliced up two large yellow onions, big portabella with a little butter, salt and pepper and sauteed them.

Opened three cans of black beans, sliced up half bunch of cilantro, 2 tb of minced garlic, 2 tb of minced ginger, some more of that Jamaican Jerk seasoning I have used in previous recipes. Little cayenne, salt and pepper - delicious!!


Here is the steaks all done - they were so tender and amazing! The mushrooms and onions on top were so complimentary and amazing! Black beans were I think everyone's favorite part - as well as we had some steamed broccoli on the side that was great mixed in with everything!

I even opened a bottle of wine I have been saving - If you have never heard of them look up Christopher Creek. Some of the best Cab's I have ever had! The wine was perfect with the steak and beans. Limited it to one glass, then drank a ton of water and had a peach for dessert - more water and cut myself at 11:00pm. No food or drink until after surgery tomorrow! Surgery is at 4:00PM wish me luck! :)


As much as I am not excited for surgery thank you everyone for all of your support and I can't wait until I am on the healing side and on my way back to being to 100% health and able to do everything that I love again! Much love to everyone! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment